Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to use a service that is an accredited member of the NHWA?
I have a neighbor or family member watch my home, shouldn't this be adequate?
Does a Homewatch Service also perform other services beyond the basics of managing and watching properties?
What measures do you take to ensure our privacy and the security of our keys, remote controls and personal information?
We have preferred contractors and vendors, will you coordinate with them and monitor their services?
Can you monitor our pool and spa and advise if actions need to be taken?
Do you perform house sitting purposes?
What are the benefits of using Lake Chelan HomeWatch for my home?
- Peace of mind in knowing that your valuable assets are being frequently checked on by well trained, insured and certified professionals!
- We bring over 35 years of professional construction industry background in recommending and implementing the best solutions to your home maintenance issues.
- We use G.P.S. real time positioning and state of the art reporting systems so you have clear documentation that shows we were physically at your house doing our job. Others can say they’ve been to your house, but as a homeowner, how do you really know if they did indeed show up? Our unique reports are critical for documenting to your insurance company that you have a qualified professional physically on site on a regular schedule. Most insurance policies will not cover a home that has been vacant for more than 30 days. Our unique reporting software exceeds anything that other Home Watch providers are using. We believe our system gives our clients an extremely valuable tool in perfecting any potential damage claims with their insurance provider.
- We treat each home as if it were our very own! We deeply care about our clients and the valuable properties they’ve entrusted to us. We are proactive and watch for potential problems and communicate extensively with our clients on a frequent basis.
- We are on call 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week so you can be assured that your property and your needs will not be neglected.
Do you see many issues come up while checking on homes?
We find issues on homes of all ages, whether they are new construction or not. There are many components that insure the proper and safe operation of a home and its many systems. The lack of frequent use or exercise of these systems, which is typical with vacation and absentee homes, generally results in problems showing up sooner than your regular home. Our cold, dry winters and hot summers put additional stresses on heating and plumbing systems resulting in various failures, some more catastrophic than others. We recently encountered a fairly new home that had multiple plumbing breaks from freeze damage resulting in the flow of 150,000 gallons of water throughout the home over a two month period. Needless to say, there was tremendous damage and major costs for the homeowner. Unfortunately, this homeowner had not hired our services prior to leaving for the winter, they were counting on family members to keep an eye on things. The risk is too great not to have your vacant home frequently checked on by a qualified professional.
What if I have other questions?
No problem! We are happy to discuss any questions or other concerns you may have. Feel free to contact us by clicking on this link Contact Us!